Eminent Domain Representation for Florida Property Owners & Businesses
Representing Business and Property Owners in Eminent Domain Cases in Fort Pierce, Port St. Lucie, Vero Beach, Stuart, & Okeechobee.
NEILL GRIFFIN MARQUIS, PLLC provides eminent domain representation primarily in the 19th Circuit, that is St. Lucie, Indian River, Martin & Okeechobee Counties. Our firm will also accept cases in Brevard and Polk Counties as well as other locations in Florida.
Richard Neill, Jr., is primarily responsible for these cases, and has over thirty years-experience in litigation, trial, mediation and settlement of many types of cases, including eminent domain cases. He is certified as a Civil Trial Lawyer and as a Circuit Civil Mediator. Over the past ten years, he has represented a condemning authority on a 35 parcel project in Bartow, and has represented property owners, tenants and business owners on a number of local projects, listed below, addressing (in the appropriate case) issues such as:
- Challenging the Taking
- Securing Full Compensation for the Taking
- Recovery of Damages to any Remaining Property
- Recovery of Business Damages for Owners and Tenants
- Apportionment of Proceeds Among Interested Parties
- Inverse Condemnation Issues
- Related Constitutional and Real Estate Issues
|Current Eminent Domain Projects||Recent Eminent Domain Projects|
Why Hire an Eminent Domain Attorney?
- Why not? — Generally, the condemning authority must pay both full compensation and your attorney’s fees.
- Case Evaluation — An eminent domain lawyer can recognize the issues that will affect your recovery and work with you to secure the compensation and damages to which you are entitled.
- Avoiding Pitfalls — An eminent domain attorney can help you address pitfalls that you may not recognize, such as a condemning authority’s right, unless properly limited, to use the property acquired for any purpose.
- Expert Assistance — An eminent domain lawyer can hire appraisers, engineers and other experts, who will work on your case and agree to be paid by the condemning authority.
Contact our eminent domain attorneys.
Call NEILL GRIFFIN MARQUIS, PLLC at 772-464-8200 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with a real estate attorney in our Fort Pierce office.